OUR SERVICES AND SUPPORT
A. CORE SERVICES
1. Provision of haulage services for various products using Tipper Trucks via agreed route to the destination; this is performed on a schedule that ensures pre-shift inspection of Tipper Trucks prior to commencement of the cycle, check list and a safety talk. Unloading is in accordance with the requirements, and then the truck returns to loading bay for the next cycle.
2. Hiring of earth moving equipment and Tipper Trucks in Zambia to various customers.
3. 24 hour monitoring of all our fleet and earth moving equipment through our live satellite tracking system and constant communication with each driver through mobile and radio systems.
4. Provision of all the relevant qualified staff required to complement all the services rendered to the customers.
B. SUPPORT SERVICES
1. Maintenance Workshop – MHCL has all the skilled labour, spare parts and accessories required to maintain the fleet in good operating condition.
2. Breakdown and Recovery Crew – for handling of breakdowns, recoveries and accidents.
3. Patrolling service – two security officers’ patrol on motor vehicles.
4. Armed security service – one armed security officer based at MHCL and is available 24 hours in case of accidents and break downs in order to safe guard our clients products.
Tipper Trucks Sixty (60) Fleet of reliable Freightliner Trucks and Henred End Tippers and Side Tippers all propelled by Detroit Series 60
Lowbed One (1) 40 ton low bed
Excavator One (1) 330 LME CAT excavator, 22 cubic bucket
Grader CAT 140G and CAT 140H
Front end Loader 5 x 972H CAT W/Loader
Our fleet and equipment is insured on comprehensive insurance with AON. Most of the fleet is under three years. Our fleet is compliant to International Safety Board noise and emission levels, has all registrations, permits, certificates checked and authorizations of any type whatsoever required under any applicable laws, decrees or regulations for performance of the services
D. THE LABOUR FORCE
1. Mining Haulage has over 300 employees from all walks of life including the disabled persons.
2. Certificates of Integrity – All our drivers undergo an integrity related polygraph assessment conducted by Louise Heydenrych of Forensic Polygraph Investigations, R.S.A. These tests verify the honesty and reliability (credibility) of our drivers.
3. All Mining Haulage Truck Drivers under go special skill driving refresher courses to help them become alert and careful drivers.
4. Mining Haulage has also sponsored the training of workshop personnel in Detroit Series 50 and 60 with MTU South Africa.
E. BASIS OF DETERMINATION OF RATES
The rates we charge for our fleet and earth moving equipment are determined based on the needs of the customer.
F. POLICY STATEMENTS
In order to maximise productivity and profitability Mining Haulage has various policies in place in order to contribute to customer satisfaction and to the growth and expansion of the core business in the long term, these include, Safety and Health, Environmental, Quality Assurance, Personnel Selection, Training, Medical, Drug and Alcohol Testing and Social Responsibility. We have ISO certification and we adhere to all Zambian Legislation.